This easy-for-weeknights dish is healthy, filling, and delicious. Just make it and see for yourself.
Here's the list of ingredients needed to make this dish:
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces (I cut corners on this step and used Honey Roasted Perdue Shortcuts)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli (Again, I took the easy route and bought steam-in-a-bag broccoli florets)
- 8 oz. Rotini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind, I used lactaid milk left over from a recipe last week)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
First, cook the pasta according to the directions on the box, reserving 1/2 a cup of the starchy pasta water before draining. Set aside.
Next, heat the EVOO in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
Add in the garlic
And stir constantly, until golden brown (about one minute).
Sprinkle in flour
Then whisk the mixture and cook for an additional minute
Next, slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk
Whisk in the Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper
Turn the heat down to low and let the mixture simmer until thickened (about 2-3 minutes)
Turn the heat off and stir in the Parmesan cheese
Next stir in the chicken
Pour the mixture over the cooked pasta
Next add in your cooked broccoli and stir well. If the sauce is too thick, add in a bit of the reserved cooking water.
Serve and enjoy!
Check out the recipe for Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo and other tasty recipes on my What's Cookin' page.