Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Working Girl

Forever XXI Flower/ United Colors of Benetton Dress (similar)/ Target Belt (similar)/ Nine West Shoes from DSW (similar)
I took piano lessons beginning in second grade all the way through my senior year of high school. Overall, I actually enjoyed taking piano, not because of the music I had to learn, or the recitals I had to play in, but because at the end of every lesson, my teacher let me choose three stickers out of her sticker collection. Yes, I enjoyed this even when I turned 17 - just think about how many stickers I collected in 10 years. I had enough to help me fill up my sticker books and fully cover my TI-81 calculator.

Anyhow, this past weekend I decided to open the now very out of tune piano in my parents' house and some old sheet music to see if I still had it.

I obviously had been a bit too preoccupied by the stickers because every song I played sounded terrible, until I broke out the song book containing various hits of the past by Bette Midler, Whitney Houston, Genesis, and Carly Simon (go figure). I found Let the River Run (sung by Carly Simon, and the theme song of the one of the greatest 80s movies ever, Working Girl) and after a few minutes, I almost got through the first half of the song without any mistakes. Go me!

All of that has nothing to do with today's outfit, but when I began thinking about what to title today's post about this outfit for work, that song made its way back into my head. Aren't I a dead-ringer for Melanie Griffith minus the shoulder pads?


Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I loved stickers and put them all over everything too! And T-81, man that takes me back!

    I love this dress on you, it's a great style and shape and your pink shoes look so cute with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I also had a sticker obsession when I was younger. I wish I could play piano..it's such a cool talent to have!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete