Friday, February 3, 2012

New Recipe! Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

Do you remember when I was wined and dined a few weeks ago? Towards the end of the post I mentioned we were invited to dinner at another of our friends' house and that I was hoping to have another delicious recipe to share with you soon. Well friends, today is the day. I have an amazing recipe for you.

The recipe our friend Laura made for us was Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes out of the Giada and Home Cookbook. Since I only eat turkey and chicken to fulfill the meat portion of my diet, I was excited to be able to actually eat meatloaf again.

When we were younger, my sister and I used to eat regular ol' meatloaf and as you can imagine, it wasn't the most exciting meal. That all changed with Giada's recipe. Using turkey instead of ground beef, and including some additional flavors like garlic, parsley, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes, meatloaf instantly became a food I wanted to eat again.

Laura told me it was pretty easy to make, so when she lent me the Giada Cookbook, I was eager to test it out for myself. She wasn't kidding! It took no time to mix all of the ingredients together and pop the pan in the oven. Less than an hour later, Jesse and I were, again, chowing down on the most delicious meatloaf ever.

I highly recommend this recipe to all of you and posted a link to the recipe on my What's Cookin' page. Thank you also to Laura for introducing me to this recipe. Bon Appetit!

Oh, and excuse the picture of the meatloaf on a paper plate. We were so excited to eat that I forgot to take a picture beforehand, so I "staged" this photo before putting away our leftovers.




Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Facebook and Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delish!! I would love for you to share this on my blog @

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete