Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday friends! AND Happy 69th Anniversary Mom Mom and Poppy!

It has been a busy week, but I guess that's what happens when five days of work get condensed into four days of work. Anyhow, I'm happy it's Friday. I'm looking forward to my 20 mile run this weekend, watching Jesse in his triathlon this weekend, and my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. Hope you all have some fun stuff in store also. Here are some of my favorites from around the web as we head into the weekend. Enjoy!

I have four friends that are expecting an addition to their families between now and November. That means, a lot of meals. Check out these 10 meal ideas to make for new moms from The Kitchn.

Even though this is only his second week at school, with the exception of dinner most nights, Jesse has been eating every meal and snack on campus, and he's already sick of it. Starting next week, I'm planning on sending him off to school with some of these snacks:

Quick + Easy No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bites
Salted Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bark
Dark Chocolate Chip and Sea Salt Cookies
Wraps
He might never speak to me again if I sent him to school with this, but the content is good.
Man it must be nice to be a kid, especially a kid who's being visited by the tooth fairy. Apparently, the award for a tooth has gone up 15% in the last year to $3! Check out the story here.

Ever wonder how much you should really be tipping? Check out this article from Get Rich Slowly for some "tips" (pun intended!).


Love these crafty ideas:

Bookcase Dollhouse from A Cup of Jo

Road Tape from Donkey

Right now I'm reading this book by ultramarathoner, Scott Jurek (I plan on writing a review on Messy Jess C: Personal Training when I finish) and it's super motivating. Until then, or until you read the book, here's some more motivation:

AND... this one is for you Laura:
Speaking of working out, do you every find yourself staring into your pantry hoping the knowledge of what you should eat before and after a workout will come to you? Ponder no longer. Here's the ultimate nutrition guide to what to eat before and after workouts from the Daily Muse.


Here are some of my favorite looks this week.
Speaking of clothing, don't you just love that perfect soft t-shirt of yours? Want to make more of your shirts that way? Check out this vintage tee how-to from Octane
How cute are these horse pillows?


I have just as many friends getting married this fall as the number of friends having babies. This photo is pretty clever ladies!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! See you next week. XO
Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment