Tuesday, March 5, 2013

InVESTed

I have a tendency to buy an article of clothing, wear it everyday for a few weeks in a row, and then lose interest.

When I first bought this vest, I wore it a lot, but then the weather got colder and I traded in vests and light jackets for heavy winter coats, hats, and gloves. Then, the other day I was looking at pinterest for some outfit inspiration since I am in the process of cleaning out my closet, as a result, feel like I have nothing to wear, but also don't want to spend any money on new clothes. I rediscovered this outfit:


I wasn't sure I could pull off the coolness of this outfit, but I managed to pull off something like it, bun and all, and no one gave me any weird looks or had anything negative to say, so I think I got away with it:


As I wore that outfit, I started thinking about how much I loved my vest and wondered what other combinations I might come up with. I once again search my pinspiration and stumbled upon this tough looking cooke:


I have a leather jacket so may recreate this look when I am in my heavy medal rockstar mode, but decided to use this as inspiration for another opportunity to style my vest. The result:


Perfect for running errands on the weekend and looking cool... or jeggings and the rest of this outfit were the most comfortable option after a 12 mile training run. 







If you have any other vest suggestions for me, please let me know. I thought about adding it to a suit or nice skirt for work, but I am not sure that's going to fly.

1 comment:

  1. I have a sim vest that I love. It kind of toughens up an outfit without being all biker, you know? I like it paired with jeans and button-downs.

    ReplyDelete