Monday, March 4, 2013

New Recipes: Cheese Ravioli with Mushrooms and Spinach and Chipotle Chicken Tacos

The other week I went to Pennsylvania to visit my family and my mom sent me home with three Rachel Ray Everyday magazines. I flipped through them, noticed a few recipes I thought sounded tasty, and put them off to the side until I could spend more time looking through them.

Now, as many of you know, my sister moved back to the DC area and every week, Ilyssa, Jesse, and I have family dinner night. Sometimes we host, and sometimes Ilyssa hosts. Most of the time we know in advance who the host is, but this week's craziness left us making last-minute hosting decisions. I ended up volunteering since I was near the store, but needed a recipe.

This is where Rachel Ray came to the rescue. Thankfully I had jotted down the ingredients to one recipe for later in the week, and had the ingredient/shopping list in my phone. I ran into the store, picked up the few things I would need and headed home. Fifteen minutes later, a gourmet-looking Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom and Spinach was served. The reviews were good and family dinner night was a success.


Well, after the success of the family dinner night ravioli, I started flipping through each of the magazines my mom had given me for more tasty and easy dinner ideas. That's when I came across Chipotle Chicken Tacos.

Jesse is in the middle of studying for finals and I have been running all over the city, so the easier the recipe, the better. If it has a lot of flavor, even better! This recipe has it all. It also made for leftovers that were even tastier the next night (and left me off the hook for coming up with another recipe).


Unfortunately, in my haste to come up with dinner recipes, I didn't take pictures, so the pictures in the post are from Rachel Ray's website, but both tasty recipes can be found on my What's Cookin' page, along with lots of other tasty treats.

Also, I just want to take this opportunity to thank Rachel Ray for all she has done for my family. It is with her recipes that I started cooking and just when I think I have run out of new recipes to make, she comes to the rescue. So, from the bottom of our hearts (and stomachs) thank you.

Stay tunes for more delicious recipes.

1 comment:

  1. i ave been getting rachael ray's magazine for a while and almost all of her recipes sound appetizing to me, but i've lacked in follow-through and actually making some of her recipes. the chipotle chicken tacos sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete