Thursday, May 17, 2012

Roll Tide

Spring 30 for 30 - Outfit 17
Forever XXI sweater/ Thrifted pencil skirt (similar)/ Steve Madden Heels (similar)
Before Jesse and I began dating, I spent very little time south of Washington, DC. Once we started dating, this changed. I went to Texas for the second time (then third, fourth, fifth, and so on), met Jesse's college friends in Georgia, visited Jesse when he was training in Arkansas, met Jesse's Aunt and went to visit her in Tennessee, ran marathons in North Carolina and Louisiana, and went to our friends' wedding in Alabama.

The closest I have been to going to back to Alabama at this point in time is today's outfit.

My colleague from Alabama (and huge UAB fan) told me I looked like I was ready to go to an Alabama football game in my Houndstooth sweater and red skirt (Madeline, can you guess who?). To me this was a huge compliment because GW doesn't have a football team so to look like I could fit in at a college football game, especially at a place like UAB (even in a work outfit) is a big deal. So to all of my Alabamian friends - this outfit's for you.

Roll tide!

Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this and LOVE the outfit!! I think I'll have to copy it for game day!

    ReplyDelete