Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Nautical

 
This past weekend, our families were in Newport, Rhode Island for Jesse's graduation from Officer training school.

For those of you who haven't been to Newport before, it is a cute New England town located about 30 miles south of Providence. Newport was founded in 1693. The town has one of the highest concentration of colonial homes in the nation, is home of the International Tennis Hall of Fame,  has been home to the America's Cup yacht races for the past several summers, and is known for its Gilded Mansions.

The Breakers
I loved visiting Newport because I have always been drawn to beach towns with houses along the water and lots of sail boats.

Unfortunately, although I love sailing and beaches, I have never learned how to sail and Washington, DC doesn't have any beaches or oceans that I am aware of, so I default to what I do know, and that's how to put on clothes.

I love nautical looking outfits and it's even better when I can wear oceanic inspired threads in an actual sea town. Nautical for me usually means a mix of navy blue, white, and sunset colors. The colors together keep everything crisp and classy and when placed in front of a backdrop of boats and the ocean, it all comes together very nicely.

So, without further adieu, here is our weekend in pictures...

The outfits:





The inspiration:











Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment