Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Recipe: BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Pizza


On nights where I want something "homemade" but am feeling lazy...ok, that's most nights after a long day of work, but on nights where I am feeling that way and I feel the hanger start to creep in (for those of you who don't know about hanger, it's when you start getting angry out of hunger - Jesse unfortunately is very familiar with this side of me)...anyhow, on lazy, hangry nights, I turn to pizza.

Although I love Domino's - no kidding their number is on speed dial in my phone and the Domino's app is on my phone - I love a good fancy pizza (see here and here for past fancy pizza recipes).  And now that it's summer it's also BBQ season. That means it's time for BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Pizza - the next best thing to owning a grill...not really, but I pretend it is to make myself feel better.

This recipe is simple and delicious and all the steps from preparing the pizza to enjoying the pizza take a total of 15 minutes. So who's with me?

Here's what you need:



  • 1 Pizza Crust (I prefer Boboli Whole Wheat pizza crusts)
  • 1/2 package pepper jack cheese (pre-shredded cheese saves a lot of time - I like Sargento's pepper jack)
  • 1/2 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Bulls Eye because it's the only BBQ sauce I have found that doesn't have corn syrup in it and it tastes delicious!)
  • 8oz. can of pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1 c. cooked chicken breasts cut into pieces (to save some time here I used Perdue shortcuts - the southwest flavor)
  • optional: 1/2 a red onion thinly sliced (I wanted to buy a red onion but at the time of this recipe, all of the red onions in the store were pretty sad looking so I did without this time)


  • Here's what you do...

    First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. While the oven is heating up, place your pizza crust on a pizza pan and spread as much BBQ sauce over the crust as you like. I ended up using about 1/2 a bottle for my pizza.


    Next, evenly sprinkle 1/2 of the shredded pepper jack cheese on top of your sauce
    Then take your chicken and pineapple chunks and spread them out evenly over the cheese. If you REALLY love BBQ sauce, toss the cooked chicken and the remaining BBQ in a saucepan to coat the chicken before adding it to the pizza.
    Finally, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
    Pop the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and voila, you have yourself one tasty pizza.
    Enjoy!
    Check out the recipe for this and other tasty recipes on my What's Cookin' page.


    Messy Jess C.

    Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment