Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Recipe: Suki's Spinach and Feta Pasta


I'm not sure who Suki is, but if I knew her, I would thank her for the following recipe which has fed Jesse and me more times than I can remember.

We discovered this recipe when Jesse still lived in Virginia Beach, I was living on my own, and my dinner usually consisted of a morningstar chick patty. While times have changed, this recipe remains.

It's an easy weeknight meal and full of flavor. Here's what you'll need:

  • 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3 cups chopped tomatoes
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (we tend to leave this out of the recipe these days)
  • 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 pinch red pepper flakes
  • 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

  • Once you have gathered and prepped all of your ingredients, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook your pasta until al dente. Drain.


    While your pasta is cooking, heat your olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add your onion and garlic. Cook until golden brown.


    Mix in your tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms (if you are planning on using them) and season the mixture with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.



    Cook for about two minutes, until the tomatoes are heated through and your spinach is wilted.


    Reduce heat to medium, stir in pasta and feta cheese (I LOVE feta so this is my favorite part of the cooking process).




     Continue to cook until the mixture is heated through.It should look something like this.


    Time to serve and enjoy (my favorite part of the entire Suki process).


    Check out the recipe for Suki's Pasta and other tasty treats on my What's Cookin' Page. 
    Messy Jess C.

    Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment