Thursday, July 26, 2012

You say it's my birthday?

Bloomingdales Blazer/ BCBG Top/J.Crew Factory Outlet Skirt (similar)/ Thrifted Nine West Shoes (similar)
Does anyone else associate birthdays with the Beatles "Birthday" song? Seeing as the Beatles are my favorite band and I love all things birthday-related, the "Birthday" song is the official song of all of my birthdays and every year when my birthday rolls around, the first thing I do after waking up is listen to the song ensuring that I start off a year with a new age right. I promise you it works.

Why do I love birthdays so much? The number one reason is the amount and kinds of food you get for your birthday - cake and brownies are two different meals, right? Also, people tend to be super nice to you on your birthday and when people are nice to you it puts you in a good mood - having a truly happy birthday is a good thing. Finally, you hear from people and see people you haven't spoken with in months or years - they can avoid you every other day, but it's a bit more difficult on your birthday, especially with the assistance of Facebook's birthday reminders.

Anyhow, today I am 31. Since it's only been about 9 hours, I don't have too many insights to share with you just yet, but as I become older and wiser throughout the day, I will let you know if anything is drastically different than yesterday when I was still 30.

I hope you all have a lovely day! Here are the Beatles to help jump-start your days too.


Messy Jess C.

Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you get lots of cake and amazing presents!

    ReplyDelete