Monday, October 1, 2012

House Hunters

Ann Taylor Sweater (similar)/ Ann Taylor Dress (similar)/ Target Shoes (similar)/  J.Crew Necklace
Happy Monday friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

The weekend was too short, of course, for my taste, but with a three day weekend coming up and after cramming a ton of stuff into the weekend, I can manage a five day work week (check out highlights from the weekend here).


This weekend, Jesse and I looked at a house for sale down the street from us. It was our first time looking at a potential piece of property to purchase together as a couple. We aren't planning on buying it, but it was exciting anyhow. It was also a bit intimidating for me. Jesse owned a house in Virginia for several years, so he's been through the process before and knows what questions to ask, but I have been a renter ever since I've lived in DC and feel like I know very little about the house hunting process. Also, the last time I looked at houses was with my parents when I was six so I felt like I was a little kid again just pretending to be an adult asking the realtor questions and looking at rooms and amenities like I knew what I was looking for, although it was a bit different than when I was six since I wasn't as worried about making sure the place had a tree house and purple walls.


Anyhow, we have several more months of saving ahead of us, and lots of looking to find something that meets our needs and is in our price range, but after my first visit, I have to say, I did feel pretty grown up.

Hope you all have a great start to the week!
Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment