Friday, January 20, 2012

New Recipes!

Happy Friday! I have three new delicious recipes for you as you head into the weekend. All have been posted on my What's Cookin' page - Mighty Minestrone Soup and Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book, and Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie from Cupcakes for Breakfast.

 The Mighty Minestrone Soup and Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac may be my favorite dishes I have cooked in the first 20 days of the year. The soup was so flavorful and healthy. It's a perfect recipe for vegetarians (and borderline vegetarians like myself) and the perfect winter dish. Olive Garden's got nothing on me! It also didn't take very long to prepare and make, so it's a good weekday option.

As for the Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac, I am super proud of this dish for a couple of reasons. First, it was my first recipe that I had to cut and cook two pounds of chicken by myself. For those of you who know me, you know that preparing chicken frightens me. I am always worried that I won't cook it enough and poison whoever is tasked with testing out the meal. I succeeded though, and Jesse and I both survived. I am also excited because this recipe makes a lot of servings, which means that when I make it again, and I will make it again because it's an easy and fantastic dish, it will reduce the amount of meals I need to cook for the week. Finally, this combines the best of the best meals - buffalo wings, and mac and cheese. How could you go wrong with that? Also, a lot of veggies are involved, so despite the pepper jack and blue cheese that is part of this recipe, I am counting this as a healthy meal.

Finally, this weekend we are headed to Pennsylvania to have a belated birthday celebration for my dad. He has always been a fan of the peanut butter and chocolate combo and enjoys a good cookie, so a Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie, although not super traditional, seems like the perfect birthday treat for my dad. Because it may look strange if a piece of the pie is missing when we present it to my dad, we decided not to taste test this one beforehand, but I am betting it's going to be pretty tasty.

Have a great weekend!

Mighty Minestrone Soup

Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment