Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Favorites: Spring Edition

Today is a big Friday. Tonight is the first night of Passover and today is Good Friday. We also made it to Friday, so that's an additional cause for celebration in my book. So, today I present my Friday Favorites: Spring Edition.

My favorite holiday recipes go to Stef over at the Cupcake Project for her Matzoh Brei Cupcakes (how clever) and Jenny at Picky Palate for her Simple Easter Egg Cupcakes.



Here are some additional tasty looking recipes for Passover: Passover Flourless Chocolate Cake; The Best Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls; Kosher for Passover Chocolate Cupcakes; Kosher for Passover Charoses Cupcakes; and Passover Brisket.

And for Easter: Easter Cupcakes Baked in a Real Egg Shells; Orange Baked Ham; Easter Egg Layered Cake; and White Fudge-Dipped Easter Oreos

My favorite spring styles - for work:

For casual:

For fun:

My favorite style tip comes from Marion at Marrionberry Style blog - how to dress up jeans with 4 items.


My favorite photo this week was taken by Marek Thi. How pretty is this tulip? Check this photo and others out on Marek's Pinterest Page and Website.


Speaking of photos, check out this webpage with 31 Days to a Better Photo. I am definitely going to utilize this FREE series.

This is my favorite quote of the week. It sums up today well and it's pretty and bright so it goes along with the spring theme.

The Huffington Post's: 27 Hilarious Detention Slips is my favorite funny "news article" of the week. Check some of these reasons for detention out, there are some seriously funny ones. As a Harry Potter fan, this is one of my favorites.


My favorite video of the week is the Tim Carver in Auto Tune MLB commercial (see, I follow sports). Also, because I think Auto Tune is absolutely ridiculous and way overused by "artists" this makes me laugh.


And my favorite upcoming events are Passover dinner with my family tomorrow night and next Tuesday's (April 10th) edition of EBEW: Pastels. Be sure to put together your pretty pastels and post to EBEW next week. See you there!
Happy Passover, Easter, Eastover? Peaster?...Friday!

XO
Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy Passover with your family, Jess! I'm excited to go to both seders at my parents house which means lots of pot roast and matzah ball soup :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Easter Egg cupcakes - they are so cute!

    Happy Passover and Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete