Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Favorites

Happy Labor Day Weekend and the unofficial end to summer. This weekend I will be trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the rest of summer. I plan on wearing only white clothes and bathing suits and eating nothing but ice cream. I hope you have fun weekend plans also! Here are my favorites from around the web as we head into the holiday weekend. Enjoy!

My sister owns iPod cases for different occasions. She has the workout case, the everyday case, and the going out case, but she may have to pick up one of these personalized cases from Plum Street Prints, since she doesn't often come across things with her name on them. Personally, this one is my favorite.


Has anyone else tried using drinking glasses as a musical instrument, but you just can't seem to figure out the right notes? Well, worry no longer about having just the right amount of beverage in your glass to play Mary Had a Little Lamb with these Perfect Pitch Wine Glasses.


I, for one, could care less how geeky I look in a bike helmet. I grew up with parents who instilled the fear of being safe in me at an early age through horrific stories of kids my age getting hurt because they hadn't worn helmets. Still, I know lots of people who won't wear helmets because they don't like how they look or they feel too clunky. With the invention of the invisible bike helmet, they may now be out of excuses. Invented by two women in Sweden, this bike helmet remains invisible unless you need it, similar to a car airbag. If, however you need it, prepare to look like a character in a sci-fi movie.



I am constantly looking for, and in need of ways to carve more time into my day. This list from Apartment Therapy has some pretty good tips. Also, if you are wondering how most Americans spend their day, check out this breakdown by NPR.

How did I not know about this amazing dinner for 200 at the Peconic Land Trust's annual At The Common Table Dinner at Quail Hill Farm in Amagansett? All of the food and wine for the dinner comes from the farmland the event was held on, a neighboring vineyard and from the sea nearby. All of the chefs donated their time, and all the tickets purchased went to conserving working farms and natural lands on Long Island. I am putting next year's event on my calendar now.


A few Favorite Fridays ago I included guilt free ice cream as one of my favorites. I was all excited about the chocolate flavor, and then I discovered this post from A Beautiful Mess with even more guilt-free varieties. Check it out!

I've tested out 59 recipes to-date, and pizza makes up a good portion of those recipes, but I still have yet to make my own pizza dough. This recipe, also from A Beautiful Mess, for basic kitchen dough seems right up my alley because it seems pretty straightforward and easy. We shall see in the weeks to come...

Growing up, some of my favorite books were by Roald Dahl. I thought his books were different than others and hilarious. I couldn't get enough of Witches, James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, and George's Marvellous Medicine. For fans like me out there, now we can relive our childhood with these Roald Dahl mugs from www.msmugs.com (As seen on A Cup of Jo)


This is my kind of surfing.


Love this outfit by Lipstick & Lollies

How charming are these charms by Her Silver Lining? I would love to get these two because 1. I love my sister and 2. I would love to have a charm with Jesse and my anniversary on it.


I want to be here.

Well worth the watch on why you should never send men to the grocery store.


Enjoy! Happy Weekend Friends.
Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment