Monday, June 11, 2012

The Weekender

Hello friends!

I think you know me pretty well by now...


But allow me to introduce you to my sister...


And my mom...


What a great weekend we had together in DC! Being the super motivated ladies we are, we managed to fit a ton of stuff into just a couple of days.

We kicked off the weekend with some Sushi Ko sushi...



After Ilyssa and my eight mile run along the canal we walked into Georgetown for some lunch, shopping and site-seeing.

Honest Abe at Serendipity 3
Sister One and Sister Two
Lululemon Ladies
Back to J. Chocolatier
Pie Sisters - everybody things Georgetown Cupcake is the place to go, but I prefer Pie Sisters for their buttery flaky pie crusts and delicious pie varieties.
After cooling off for an hour at home, we made our way out to Ashburn, Virginia to Clyde's Willow Creek for dinner. The restaurant is part of the Clyde's restaurant group, but on an old farm. If you live in DC or are ever in the area, I highly recommend trying out Clyde's Willow Creek. The atmosphere is beautiful and the food was delicious - especially the dessert, which we don't have a photo of because we ate it too quickly.





After eating our way through Saturday, we woke up and went to the Bucks for breakfast


Then we walked around, not one, but two flea markets. One at a school on Wisconsin Avenue...




Then off to my old neck of the woods - Eastern Market where I bought pears and two necklaces... stay tuned for my imitation j.crew bubble necklace that I purchased for less than half the price of the real thing. So excited.




After walking around in Eastern Market, we had lunch at Cava Mezze. Delish!



Sadly, our ladies weekend came to an end. So how does one cope with an empty apartment?

With a pedicure and then Cold Stone Creamery Birthday Cake Remix for dinner of course!



That was our weekend. What did you all do this weekend?


Messy Jess C.

Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

1 comment: