Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Favorites

Hi friends! Is everyone just as ready for the weekend as I am? What a week! Hope you enjoy this week's roundup of fun things across the world wide web as we head into the weekend. See you all next week!

By now, it's probably clear to you how much of a J.Crew problem I have and I can tell you that after flipping through J.Crew's fall style guide, and stumbling upon this gem on net-a-porter.com, I don't foresee my problem getting better any time soon.

Does the quality of anybody else's day depend on whether or not you are having a good hair day like mine does? Unfortunately, while I have learned how to use a curling iron, that's about as "styled" as I get. I'm hoping that I can recreate at least one of these fun styles from BuzzFeed to make my good hair days even better.


I am not even sure where to start on my favorite food finds around the web for the week. I found so many recipes I can't wait to test out. Here are a few of my favorite favorites!

Peanut Butter Eclair Cake from Plain Chicken


Pesto Lasagna from The Italian Dish


Backed Zucchini Bites from Budget Bytes


Carmelized Pineapple Quesadillas from How Sweet It Is


And this Lemon Poke Cake from Bake or Break


When I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is clean or fix up the apartment. Thankfully, these 18 household tips to help you through your everyday life from BuzzFeed may make some of the tasks I have been putting off a little less daunting.


Let me ask you, do you think it's reasonable for me to get this teepee as my designated space in our apartment? No? Oh well. Either way, This is a great idea from Apartment Therapy for families living in spaces where a play room for kids is not an option.


Did you know that pop-up party season has arrived? Finally, a reason to breakout all of the nice dishware and stemware Jesse and I received for our wedding that we haven't had an opportunity to use yet. Check out this pop-up party from Oh Happy Day in San Fran. Where would you have a pop-up party?


Sometimes it seems as though everybody around me has so many creative ideas and I've got nothing much to offer. Not anymore! Next time I want to be crafty, I am going to breakout one of these easy DIY projects from BuzzFeed.


Do you think our landlady would be ok with Jesse and I putting this up in our communal backyard? Love!


After this week, this is how I feel:


Need a good laugh? Check out the 45 reasons supermodels were better in the 80s.



Finally, you may or may not know about my obsession with Johnny Depp, especially in his role of Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean. No joke, I once had a dream about being kissed by Jack Sparrow on a cruise ship. Anyhow, it seems as though I am not the only Jack Sparrow fan out there.  Check out this hilarious video with the tale of Jack Sparrow:



Happy Weekend Friends!
Messy Jess C.
Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment