|Banana Dress on loan from Ilyssa (similar)/ Banana Shoes (similar)/ J.Crew Necklace (similar)|
Be prepared for the novel of an entry that follows...
You may recall that back in February I was awarded my first Leibster Blog Award, an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Since Messy Jess C. has been my method for staying on track with my 2012 goals, I haven’t been as focused as I probably could or should be on building up Messy Jess C.’s fan-base. Fortunately for me, bigger isn’t always better and last week I was honored with my second Leibster award from Andi over at Just Another Smith blog (Thanks Andi!). This Leibster award has the added bonus of you getting to learn more about me (just in case you can’t get enough of my daily ramblings as it is).
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Each person must answer the questions the tagger has set for you and also create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 things about me:
- I have a younger sister named Ilyssa and no first cousins (our parents are both only children).
- I write out drafts of notes and letters before I write the final version to avoid making errors.
- I despise ketchup – seriously, I know you don’t like me if you come near me with this condiment
- I have an acute sense of smell, which can work in my favor or against me depending on what the smell is.
- I can really nail the star spangled banner in the shower. I am sure my neighbors love my rendition.
- I can make up songs about anything.
- I don’t like awkward silences and do anything I can to avoid them.
- I can justify eating any food – brownies? They have calcium and protein in them. Candy corn? That’s a vegetable right?
- Until I arrived in DC for college, I thought the Air and Space museum was the Smithsonian because it was the only Smithsonian museum my dad took us to when we were younger and I thought R.E.O. Speedwagon’s name was actually Oreo Speedwagon.
- I never liked the name Jessie as a nickname for Jessica because there was a dog on my street with the same name when I was younger. Now I am married to a Jesse.
- I tell the same stories a minimum of five times.
Andi’s 11 questions:
What's your favorite color?
Yellow. It makes me happy.
What's your favorite dessert?
Everything with the exception of pecan pie. Crumbs Cupcakes and Cookie Cake may be tied for first.
If you had an unlimited budget, where would you go on vacation?
I would definitely go back to Italy, and make stops in Australia, England, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, France, Greece, Israel, Costa Rica, India, Germany (I may have missed a few stops). I would hike, eat, spend time on remote white-sand beaches, drink cocktails, and experience the history and culture of each place. My vacation would take a while.
What was the last book you read?
I read multiple books at a time so the last books I read were the third Shades of Grey book and 11-22-63 (excellent!). I’m currently reading the newest Sookie Stackhouse book, The Fountainhead, and Pride and Prejudice. I like variety.
If you could only shop for clothes at one store for the next year, what store would you pick?
Ummm… J.Crew. Are you telling me you can find clothes at other stores?
What's your favorite app for your smart phone or tablet?
It’s a tie between Instagram, Facebook, Starbucks Finder and my calculator.
If you could have dinner with a famous person (living or dead), who would you choose and why?
Oooh, good one Andi! The following list has gone through my head – Sandra Bullock, Lady Gaga, John Lennon, Billy Joel, Jon Bon Jovi, Johnny Depp, Princess Diana, but I think it would be George Washington or Thomas Jefferson. I would want to learn more about how our country began and what they think of it now, especially whether it’s what they envisioned. I’d also be interested in their reaction to an iPhone and the Internet. Does that make me a nerd? You betcha!
If you could give one piece of advice to yourself 10 years ago, what would you have said?
Your happiness doesn’t depend on anyone but you. You also don’t know as much as you think you do so it’s important to pay attention to the world and people around you so you can learn, make educated decisions, and become an independent and successful woman. Although learning is a lifelong process, following these steps will put you in a pretty good place in 10 years.
What's the best present you have ever received?
If we’re talking about material things, the engagement ring Jesse asked me to marry him with, followed closely by my car, Blue.
What's your biggest pet peeve?
It’s another tie – running skirts and seeing women (or men with long hair) run with their hair down. So gross. I am cringing thinking about it as I type this.
What was the last concert you went to?
I wish I could tell you Billy Joel, Maroon 5, or Beyonce, but the truth is it was either the Glee Concert or the NKOTBSB concert (they both rocked BTW).
My 11 Questions
- I believe you can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear. If you were a shoe, what kind would you be and why?
- If you could go back to any point in time what time would you pick?
- What movie character do you relate with the most?
- If you had to pick one food to eat for every meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What did you think you would be when you grew up and is that what you are?
- Look to your left, what do you see?
- If you had to sing one song in front of a large audience, what would it be?
- What three items would you want if you were stuck on a deserted island?
- What is the most random thing you have in your bag right now?
- If you were to be locked in a room with someone for 24 hours, who would it be?
- If you were a super hero, what super powers would you have?
My 11 Nominees:
- Lace, Etc.
- My Greatest Hits!
- Cider Revival
- Peck Life
- Occupation Housewife
- Cookin’ and Kickin’
- We Wear Khakis
- Ladies in Navy
- Unusual Form
- The Life and Style of Nicole
Hope you have a chance to check out each of these blogs. Thanks again to Andi for awarding me!