Thursday, March 8, 2012

Birthday Wishes and New Recipe: $!utty Brownies

First, please stop whatever else you are doing. You are going to want to give me your full and undivided attention for this post...

As you may know, I am a huge fan of birthdays. They make me happy and usually involve tasty treats.  So, when I found out the Oreo's is celebrating its 100th birthday, I knew I had to do something to celebrate this amazing cookie that has played a huge part in my life. Yup, this cookie has seen me through elementary school, high school, college, and beyond.


Immediately I thought of the perfect recipe I have wanted to test out for a while now that honors the Oreo perfectly - $!utty Brownies (respelled for spam purposes and referred to throughout the rest of this post as Easy Brownies).

So how did they get their name? Why do I think this is the perfect treat for the Oreo's birthday? and What exactly is an "Easy" Brownie?

I am glad you asked...

The term "Easy" Brownie is given to this treat because they are oh so easy and more than a little bit obscene. And they are perfect for the Oreo's birthday because they consist of the three most amazing things: cookie dough, brownie batter, and... you guessed it.. Oreos.



Ok, no more wasting time. Let's get on with the show.

First preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.

Next, make your cookie dough....


Also, as a side note, if a recipe calls for butter that is softened, but not melted there is a quick trick: Take the stick of butter, get a large plastic bag, and a rolling pin.


Put the butter in the bag and smack the crap out of it with the rolling pin and there you have it - softened butter.


Now we may proceed with the rest of the amazing Easy Brownie recipe.

Take the cookie dough and add a small amount of oil and water to keep it moist since it will be baking longer than the cookie recipe calls for. Press it into the bottom of your prepared pan.


Cover this layer with your Oreos.


Now, mix up your brownie batter and stick to the recipe on the box for this part.


And pour the batter over the layers of cookie dough and Oreos.


Bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from the oven and leave to cool.

When it is still a bit warm, use the paper to lift your creation out of the tray and rest it on a cooling rack.


Cut it into whatever size chunk you want and enjoy!


Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

8 comments:

  1. O-M-G those sound sinful and amazing. Must try. Must try now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you test them out. I had two yesterday, so I have to say I am a fan! Happy Friday Beth!

      Delete
  2. One of my friends made this recently and they are SO DELICIOUS! I don't even want to know how many I ate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks insanely delicious! I really want to make this but I'm scared I will wind up eating the entire tray :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't guarantee you won't eat the entire tray, but I promise you it is well-worth the calories. Let me know if you end up making them.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Still have some if you want to come and test one out for yourself sister! XO

      Delete