Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Favorites

Pin It
AT Sweater borrowed from Ilyssa (similar)/ Gap Jeans/ Target Shoes (similar)
 

Happy Friday friends! Hope you all had a great week!

Today was a perfect ending to the work week - jean day at work, a farewell celebration breakfast for a friend/colleague, and lunch with a few of my favorite people. I also fly to Indiana this evening to meet up with some of my favorite runners/friends for the Masters Nationals Track Meet. Wish us luck and stay tuned for a recap next week.

Speaking of favorites, I have decided to pull together a round up some of my favorite things each Friday that I will cleverly refer to as my "Friday Favorites." Every week I discover so many amazing things through the power of the Internet and I want to share them with you. I hope you enjoy.

So, without further adieu, may I present my favorite things of the week:

My favorite blog discovery of the week goes to Kelley over at Threads and Buttons. She is super stylish and super funny in her posts. Check her out!


Being the person I am, I can't pick just one favorite food discovery of the week. With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, however, I decided to stick with St. Patrick's Day foods as my theme for this week. I ended up with all desserts since roast beef and cabbage doesn't appeal to me in any way. Caution: The Following Foods May Cause Drooling.

Guinness Brownies
Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Stout Cake with Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting

Key Lime Shamrock Cake

I also couldn't just pick one favorite style of the week. I picked two - also St. Patrick's Day-themed and part of this month's EBEW challenge. First, being a runner I can appreciate Scrap and Run's green outfit. I actually had the same initial thought when picking my outfit for this month's challenge. I also love the way  Kellie from Elephants & Owls styled her outfit.



My favorite fun quote (if it can be categorized as a quote) of the week is:


My other favorite quote of the week is:

Finally, my favorite thing I did this week was go to the circus with Jesse!
Despite the fact that we were probably the oldest people there without children, it was just as fun as it was when I was little.


View all of my other favorite things and follow me on my Pinterest page here.

Have a great weekend everybody! See you next week.





Messy Jess C.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new favorite things of the week - what a fun way to wrap up the week! I love Kelley's blog too, she's awesome. And the Guinness brownies totally remind me of some Guinness cupcakes I plan to make this weekend.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those St. Patty's Day goodies are making me SO hungry! The hubs and I went to the circus a few years ago and it was so fun that we didn't care we were the only adults there without kids :) Good luck at your track meet, Jess!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete