Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Recipe: Cheddar Chicken

A few years ago, I came across a recipe in Real Simple magazine for Cheddar Chicken. It sounded like a delicious combination - chicken, cheese, butter, and garlic all in one dish. I showed Jesse the recipe and a few days later, he made it for us. After that, we were eating this dish once a week for a few months with Jesse making it every time (keep in mind this was in my pre-cooking days).

When I started cooking at the beginning of the year, this dish was pushed to the side so I could test out some new recipes. This past weekend Cheddar Chicken made a comeback, but it wouldn't really be the same if Jesse didn't make it... that and I decided to take the night off from cooking and serve as the sous chef and food photographer instead. Anyhow, once again, my chef of a husband and this recipe didn't disappoint.

The recipe is pretty straightforward:

Mix together crumbled crackers, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper...


Melt butter and garlic in the microwave...

Dip chicken in garlic-butter mixture and then in the cracker-cheese mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes...

 Serve with a side of rice and green beans and enjoy!

Check out the recipe for Cheddar Chicken and other tasty recipes on my What's Cookin' Page.

Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, that looks really delicious! I love oven recipes because there's so little work involved :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Hope you have a chance to test it out. Thanks Sharon! :-)

      Delete