Monday, March 12, 2012

Cotton Candy

Pin It
Banana Republic Blazer/ Target Button-down/ AT Skirt/ Gap Shoes
Hello my friends! Hope you had a great weekend. The highlights of my weekend were Friday happy hour, dinner at Bookhill Bistro (if you live in the Georgetown, DC area, check it out), a 16 mile run (yes, it was a highlight - it was windy, but beautiful outside), my friend Steph's daughter's second birthday party (Happy Birthday Lily!), a falafel dog at DC-3, dinner at our friends' home Saturday evening (delish), watching friends run the St. Patrick's Day 8K (Congrats Lauras!), enjoying a celebratory brunch at Carlyle after the 8K (Yum), a mid-day nap, a lovely mani-pedi, catching up on Smash (such a great show), and dinner at Listrani's. On the whole, I'd say that was a productive and successful weekend.

Some snapshots from the weekend...











 What did you do this weekend?

Also, has anyone else on the East coast checked out the weather forecast for this week? Here in DC we are skipping spring and heading straight for summer. Exciting, but tricky when dressing for work. I tried a few combos and came up with the outfit above for today. For some reason, the colors remind me of cotton candy... 


that and the My Little Pony named Cotton Candy I had when I was little:


Hope you all have a great start to the week! XO

Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Love that pretty pastel pink blouse with the hot pink shoes!

    I went to UMD for college and I absolutely loved taking the metro into Georgetown to go shopping on a spring day :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cherry blossoms - so I love that picture you took! I also love your outfit, looks very cheery and springy! I'm pretty sure I had that My Little Pony too!

    ReplyDelete