Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tubthumping


H&M Blazer (similar)/ Old Navy Tank/ J.Crew Skirt (similar)/ Eastern Market Necklace (similar)/ Me Too Shoes from DSW (similar)/ CVS Hair Elastic
At the beginning of the year, my colleague and I signed up for Merriam-Webster Dictionary's Word of the Day emails. We thought it would help us expand our vocabulary. Unfortunately, the words of the days haven't been all that challenging - henchman, nondescript, secrete, yuppify (and may I point out that Microsoft Outlook's spell-check doesn't even recognize this as a word).

Today's word wasn't any better - tub-thumper. The word itself - a noun meaning a vociferous supporter (vociferous would have been a better word of the day if you ask me) - is fine, but the fact that I now cannot get Chumbawamba's 1997 song "Tubthumping" out of my head is not. Do you have it in your head now too? Sorry...

Moving on, I love this skirt. I bought it last year and at the time hoped I owned other items I could wear it with. Turns out, it includes every color of the rainbow (if rainbows consisted of pastel colors) so I can wear with lots of different things. Do you all also have an item of clothing that seems to go with just about everything in your closet?

The other item I would like to highlight in this photo is my hair elastic since it seems to make its way in to lots of my photos, usually as a bracelet, but sometimes to serve its actual purpose as a hair tie. You too can purchase this fine item at CVS or any drug or beauty supply store near you.

Also, you may have noticed that although I have become a proficient hair curler, I haven't actually curled my hair in a while. The reason being that my skin reacted poorly to the $3 can of hairspray I bought to hold the curls, so I have been spending the last week and a half trying to calm my skin down. Do any of you have any recommendations on more skin-friendly hairsprays and hair care products that my skin may be more compatible with?

Finally, I hope you all have a happy Wednesday! See you tomorrow.
 


Messy Jess C.

Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Haha the title of this post made me laugh! That skirt is so pretty with all those pastel colors! I don't use hairspray too often, but when I do, I use Dove hairspray. I'm not sure if it's good for sensitive skin or not though.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...

    Oh I loved Chumbawumba - I love that tub-thumper was your word of the day! That is hilarious!

    I love your skirt, such pretty pastel colors, perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete