Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Recipe: Spicy Bean Burritos

I have been on a Tex-Mex kick lately. Three out of seven dinners last week were Tex-Mex and there is just something about the combination of spices and flavors that I can't seem to get enough of, so when I saw a recipe for Spicy Bean Burritos on Annie's Eats I couldn't wait to test it out.

I am so glad we did! This was a low-maintenance, but high-flavor meal.

First, we combined all of the spices and garlic...

Then, we sauteed them in a small amount of oil to bring out the flavor...

Added a can of pinto beans and a can of black beans along with chicken stock (you could use veggie stock instead but we had the chicken stock in stock so went with that this time) and let it marinate for about 10 minutes...

Then we prepared our toppings. We only had some sad looking lettuce and cheese, but you could really add anything you'd like to top off your burrito...

After 10 minutes you remove the bean mixture from the heat, add in a few spoonfuls of salsa, and  mash it up a bit (it doesn't make for a pretty picture, but trust me, it's delicious)...

Then you put everything together in a flour tortilla and enjoy!

You can check out the recipe for Spicy Bean Burritos and other meals on my What's Cookin' page.

Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment