Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sugar Rush

I have a secret. Sometimes I actually enjoy housework. I have a huge sense of accomplishment when I have thoroughly cleaned and organized our apartment. I also enjoy having an entire day to bake and cook for the week. I was lucky to be able to do both this weekend.

Our apartment has been kind of a mess, but between working and traveling a bunch in the past couple of weeks we haven't had much time to fit in cleaning and organizing. So after Laura and I finished running (and our Starbucks Lattes) I began cleaning big-time. I filled up three tall trash bags with garbage and things we didn't need anymore, filled five bags of clothes to consign and donate, and made a successful trip to the container store for organization items. Below is the result of nine hours of cleaning:

From top left: our living room, our bedroom - meet Ace, I have had him since I was nine (Jesse LOVES that I insist on keeping him around, our kitchen, our dining room, and two shots of the smallest closet in the world
Also, I wish you had Smell-O-Net so you could smell our apartment right now. It smells amazing! We are heading to a super bowl party later and just like the football players on the field, I am bringing my A-game. I was asked to bring desserts, and desserts I will bring, but not just any desserts, the tastiest treats I could possibly whip up - Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cheese Bars and Monster Cookie Dough Dip.

I have made the chocolate chip cranberry cheese bars before. I haven't made them in a while though and I am not sure why. They have a delicious mix of chocolate, cream cheese, orange zest, cranberries, and oats and once you pop, you can't stop.

As for the Monster Cookie Dough Dip, is there are person out there that doesn't love the cookie dough more than the actual finished product? This dip is for us folks!

I have posted both recipes on my What's Cookin' page! I will have more recipes to share with you early in the week so stay posted and Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
Monster Cookie Dough Dip

Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cheese Bars

Love Messy Jess C? Then don't miss it on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment